Sunday, August 10, 2014

Linen closet organizing with Dollar Tree baskets and Command hooks

I have a cute little linen closet in my hallway.  It consists of three shelves and three drawers and is built into the wall.  I noticed that there was space between the doors and the shelves when the doors are closed.  I grabbed some little baskets from Dollar Tree and saw that there was enough space between the door and the shelf to fit a basket.  I was excited.

I purchased some command Command Decorating Clips, Clear, 20-Clip hooks and measured out between the slots in the baskets.  Here is what it looks like all assembled:
These baskets were lightweight and sort of angled in toward the bottom so they did not lay horizontally when hanging on the inside of the door.  I ended up just putting some cotton balls between the basket and the door.  You can just see them in the picture above.  Here's what it looks like without the baskets:
Of course, these baskets can't hold anything item that is very heavy, but it does make more use of the space inside the closet.  I have some travel sized toothpastes in one and some travel sized tissues in another.

 








Here is what the finished door looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment