Sunday, August 3, 2014

Drawer Organization using Dollar Tree baskets

I have been inspired by some organizing videos on YouTube so I decided to tackle a drawer and see how it worked out.  I would like to think I did pretty good, even if I do say so myself.  Here is my finished project:


The little trays that I used are from Dollar Tree so I only invested about $3 plus tax.  The bottom right contains all headbands.  To the left of that is various elastic bands.  I used snack bags within this bin to segregate the different elastics.  Continuing to the left is bobby pins.  The bottom left corner has butterfly clips.  Moving up a row, one tray has hair brushes and combs and the other has barrettes and other hair ornaments.  The next row up has various cords for my iPhone and my Kindle, plus some scissors and to its right is all contact cases and solutions.  The very top row has my hair satin sleep cap and my purple eye mask with ear plugs (I used to sleep during the day when I worked nights).  All my eyeglass cases are just stacked up on the right side along with a little gift bag of soaps.

I tried several versions of the layout until I was happy with how the space was fully utilized.  It might seem a little crowded, but it is neat in that everything is together in a way that makes sense to me.

This drawer is situated in the middle of my dresser where my mirror is so it is perfect for doing my hair in the mornings before I go to work.

Happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment